Thursday, March 1, 2012

Signs of spring blue.



The grape hyacinths I planted begin January are growing steady but slow. It is cold in the window. They bear thick leaves but show no sign of flowers yet.


Outside birds are singing spring tunes in the morning, but it's still chilly and may as well snow in March or April. It wouldn't be the first time. So to keep warm I'm knitting a shrug in a beautiful alpaca. It's the first time I work with alpaca and I love how soft it feels in my hands. It promises to be very soft, cosy and warm. It is a perfect garment to take with you for a colder evening. You can find the pattern here.


What's in your WIP basket?

1 comment:

  1. There is just something about freshly blooming plants that makes my heart happy. The shrug is going to be lovely. Alpaca and bamboo are my favorite fibers. My WIP is a bamboo scarf, a cotton centerpiece, an (ugh) acrylic blanket, and some macrame. Happy sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...